I haven't done a beauty post in a bit so I wanted to update you guys on some of my favorite products. Specifically, my beauty products that just so happen to come in jars!
Starting at the top going clockwise...
1. KIEHL'S RARE EARTH DEEP PORE CLEANSING MASK: If you didn't know already, I love face masks. I'm always searching for different ones to try. I have found that clay masks are some of my favorites though for deep cleansing and I try to do them at least twice a week. Living in a city, I find my skin just gets clogged more from the not-so-clean air and this Kiehls masks really helps to clean out the toxins and dirt that accumulates. This jar is big and you use such a small amount of product that I feel it's at a really good price for the size. (purchase here, here, and here.)
2. GOLDFADEN MD FACIAL DETOX: Another great cleansing mask. This one is lovely because it helps to clarify as well. If my skin is extra congested or I'm getting tons of breakouts, I immediately pull out this mask. It calms my breakouts immediately! Truly a miracle product. I'll use it as a spot treatment as well if I'm really struggling with a breakout. Works wonders! (purchase here and here.)
3. KIEHL'S CILANTRO & ORANGE EXTRACT POLLUTANT DEFENDING MASK: Again, the city has done terrible things to my skin. (haha) I can't say that enough! So I've had to use a lot of products to help with the environment I'm living in. This mask has been really lovely in terms of helping restore my skin after it's been through harsh conditions. It helps to renew skin from pollutants in the air and prevents impurities. My only dislike is that it's technically an overnight mask. You put on a good layer before bed and pat off some with a tissue and go to sleep. It's not terrible but I sleep on my face a lot and find that I don't love the stickiness before bed. Instead, I'll do it after a cleansing mask and leave on for about thirty minutes if possible and then pat off most of it. I feel like it still works well but I'm sure the effects are greater if you wear it overnight. (purchase here and here.)
4. CLINIQUE MOISTURE SURGE 72-HOUR HYDRATION GEL: This has been a great daily moisturizer for me. Super hydrating and the consistency helps moisturize without leaving you greasy. I've enjoyed using it but I don't think I will get another jar. I'm trying to move more towards Cruelty Free products so I'll be happy to skip over repurchasing for now. (purchase here and here.)
5. KIEHL'S CREAMY EYE TREATMENT WITH AVOCADO: Another great product for moisturizing. I get really dry under my eyes and this has helped tremendously. It's very gentle and goes well for day or nighttime use. Just make sure to rub the product together between your finger tips to let it 'break' which gives you a softer product to work with. (I didn't know this was a thing until the Kiehl's lady helping me showed me and it's so interesting to see how a product works better when you know how to use it properly!). (purchase here and here.)
6. HERBIVORE BLUE TANSY RESURFACING MASK: "AHA and BHA mask containing Blue Tansy oil, fruit enzymes and White Willow Bark to clarify and gently resurface skin.", this is what sold me on this product. I needed help 'resurfacing' my skin and had heard great reviews about this product. Basically, it clears up your skin from dead skin cells using chemicals instead of physical exfoliants. I use this mask once a week and have noticed an amazing difference in my skin's texture. I will definitely be repurchasing after I finish this jar! (purchase here and here.)
7. KATE SOMERVILLE EXFOLIKATE GLOW MOISTURIZER: I'm obsessed with this moisturizer! It has glycolic and lactic acids to help with uneven textured skin and helps to make skin more radiant. My skin responds very well with lactic acid so I was happy to see this as an ingredient. I use this normally after I use the Daily Cleanser or the Exfoliating Treatment. The trio works wonders on my skin! Will definitely want to continue using this product. (purchase here and here.)
Hope these mini reviews were helpful. Would love to know your thoughts on any of the products I've shared above and if there are any other 'jar' products I should try! Remember to comment if you have any questions! I always love talking beauty/skincare products with you all.
SHOP THE POST:
Had the best time helping shoot for Glossier's newest product and very first fragrance last month! Glossier YOU is currently my new favorite daily scent. I love how it mixes differently with every person's natural chemicals to create a scent that is perfect for 'YOU '.
If you haven't seen my instagram stories yet, today is the last day you can get 20% off all your orders from Glossier + Free Shipping! Use my link: glossier.com/reps/mindy to place your order and check out some of my other favorite Glossier products!
I recently discovered the natural beauty line, Linné Botanicals and I have really enjoyed their product line so far! I've loved shopping on the beauty website The Stell for a highly curated selection of beauty products and while I was on their site one day, I discovered Linné Botanicals.
The Stell included the Refresh Spray in their Birthday Box (along with some other amazing goodies) which was exciting because I had been wanting to try it. I have absolutely loved using it! I've told all my friends about it and one of my girlfriends ended up buying the full size bottle for me for my birthday (the sweetest!). I use it all the time. It's crazy how dry you can get now that the season is changing so I always have this trusty bottle next to me on my desk for when I need a quick refresh- and I care the mini in my purse with me at all times. A couple sprays on your face and neck and you're face feels refreshed and I find the scent to be really lovely and wakes me up a bit. By far one of my favorite face mists!
Discover more of Linné Botanicals' products, HERE.
It's been a slow and steady process getting my life organized after moving in with Ben. We've updated the paint in our apartment, remodeled the bathroom, bought some furniture and I think it finally feels like home. I like to keep things very organized and thankfully so does Ben (#militarylife), so everything always has it's place. However, something about my bedside makes me ok with just setting things down without organizing them. Mixing my makeup, jewelry, and art together for a mini still-life. This little spot is the only place I don't mind the disorganization. It's become a small vanity so I usually place the items I'm using daily here. This is currently what is on my bedside.
1. Art from traveling. I bought this Picasso Linear drawing at the Picasso Museum in Spain a couple years ago. She is my favorite lady - simple and elegant. I paired her with this Ellsworth Kelly Print I found a couple years ago at an Art store in NYC. Similar Picasso Drawing here.
2. Glossier Invisible Shield Daily Sunscreen. Sunscreen is so so so important! It prevents aging, wrinkles, and sun damage. This little product also helps with the effect of sitting in front of a screen all day. Who knew we needed protection from our computers! Makes sense though, I usually sit in front of my computer working 7+ hours a day, I can't imagine it's great for my skin. Shop Glossier Invisible Shield here.
4. Sarah Chloe Signet Ring. One of my favorite rings, I thought I had lost it (which I did, for a couple months) but I found it in an old handbag. I'm wearing it all the time again. Purchase Sarah Chloe Signet Ring here.
5. Byredo La Tulipe Perfume. Started re-wearing this lovely scent every day this summer and now I'm almost out! Need to refill this bottle. It's super light and soft, it's perfect. Purchase Byredo's Le Labo Perfume here.
What's your favorite item on your bedside? Let me know in the comments below!