Elle Fanning for Net-A-Porter
Photography: Benny Horne / Styling: Morgan Pilcher.
Love this Editorial. It's so dreamy and angelic. Elle is such a bright young actress. I've enjoyed following her career and am happy to see they are making a second Maleficent movie!
Super beautiful imagery, I love the concept and the tones of these images are absolutely stunning.
Read Elle Fanning's interview and view the rest of the editorial over on Net-A-Porter, HERE.
I haven't done a beauty post in a bit so I wanted to update you guys on some of my favorite products. Specifically, my beauty products that just so happen to come in jars!
Starting at the top going clockwise...
1. KIEHL'S RARE EARTH DEEP PORE CLEANSING MASK: If you didn't know already, I love face masks. I'm always searching for different ones to try. I have found that clay masks are some of my favorites though for deep cleansing and I try to do them at least twice a week. Living in a city, I find my skin just gets clogged more from the not-so-clean air and this Kiehls masks really helps to clean out the toxins and dirt that accumulates. This jar is big and you use such a small amount of product that I feel it's at a really good price for the size. (purchase here, here, and here.)
2. GOLDFADEN MD FACIAL DETOX: Another great cleansing mask. This one is lovely because it helps to clarify as well. If my skin is extra congested or I'm getting tons of breakouts, I immediately pull out this mask. It calms my breakouts immediately! Truly a miracle product. I'll use it as a spot treatment as well if I'm really struggling with a breakout. Works wonders! (purchase here and here.)
3. KIEHL'S CILANTRO & ORANGE EXTRACT POLLUTANT DEFENDING MASK: Again, the city has done terrible things to my skin. (haha) I can't say that enough! So I've had to use a lot of products to help with the environment I'm living in. This mask has been really lovely in terms of helping restore my skin after it's been through harsh conditions. It helps to renew skin from pollutants in the air and prevents impurities. My only dislike is that it's technically an overnight mask. You put on a good layer before bed and pat off some with a tissue and go to sleep. It's not terrible but I sleep on my face a lot and find that I don't love the stickiness before bed. Instead, I'll do it after a cleansing mask and leave on for about thirty minutes if possible and then pat off most of it. I feel like it still works well but I'm sure the effects are greater if you wear it overnight. (purchase here and here.)
4. CLINIQUE MOISTURE SURGE 72-HOUR HYDRATION GEL: This has been a great daily moisturizer for me. Super hydrating and the consistency helps moisturize without leaving you greasy. I've enjoyed using it but I don't think I will get another jar. I'm trying to move more towards Cruelty Free products so I'll be happy to skip over repurchasing for now. (purchase here and here.)
5. KIEHL'S CREAMY EYE TREATMENT WITH AVOCADO: Another great product for moisturizing. I get really dry under my eyes and this has helped tremendously. It's very gentle and goes well for day or nighttime use. Just make sure to rub the product together between your finger tips to let it 'break' which gives you a softer product to work with. (I didn't know this was a thing until the Kiehl's lady helping me showed me and it's so interesting to see how a product works better when you know how to use it properly!). (purchase here and here.)
6. HERBIVORE BLUE TANSY RESURFACING MASK: "AHA and BHA mask containing Blue Tansy oil, fruit enzymes and White Willow Bark to clarify and gently resurface skin.", this is what sold me on this product. I needed help 'resurfacing' my skin and had heard great reviews about this product. Basically, it clears up your skin from dead skin cells using chemicals instead of physical exfoliants. I use this mask once a week and have noticed an amazing difference in my skin's texture. I will definitely be repurchasing after I finish this jar! (purchase here and here.)
7. KATE SOMERVILLE EXFOLIKATE GLOW MOISTURIZER: I'm obsessed with this moisturizer! It has glycolic and lactic acids to help with uneven textured skin and helps to make skin more radiant. My skin responds very well with lactic acid so I was happy to see this as an ingredient. I use this normally after I use the Daily Cleanser or the Exfoliating Treatment. The trio works wonders on my skin! Will definitely want to continue using this product. (purchase here and here.)
Hope these mini reviews were helpful. Would love to know your thoughts on any of the products I've shared above and if there are any other 'jar' products I should try! Remember to comment if you have any questions! I always love talking beauty/skincare products with you all.
SHOP THE POST:
Surprisingly, I'm really loving this transparent bag trend!
It's a super fun take on some classic styles like the Chanel flap bag and the Hermes Kelly. The price point is way more agreeable as well so if you're looking for a new bag for spring without dropping a huge dollar on it, this would be a great option! Although, I have listed the Chanels in here which are still at a very Chanel-y price tag (ugh), but they were way too pretty not to include. In the picture above, I love how Leandra Medine of Man Repeller doubled up on bags by mixing a color inside a clear. Looks great aesthetically and might give you a bit more privacy if you don't love showing off everything you carry in your purse.
What are your thought!? Do you love the Transparent bag or is it too 'exposed'?
+ pic via Leandra Medine